Tuesday, October 24, 2017

WHSLA Spotlight - Diane Giebink-Skoglind at ThedaCare in Appleton, WI



Hi! I am Diane Giebink-Skoglind, Healthcare Librarian for ThedaCare in Appleton, WI. 

My role is to provide oversight and management of the library services for the ThedaCare organization. My main responsibilities are print and electronic collection development, cataloging, copyright, literature searching, and teaching Searching and Information Literacy. 

This is my encore career, and a path I have always wanted to take.  I was about 5-years-old when I told our local Public Librarian that I would be a librarian someday.  I didn’t know how ziggy-zagged that path would be! As you can see, below, while my path veered around a bit, the common element is healthcare.  I always used to joke that I would have 3 careers for sure—and I have.

My work background includes experience in healthcare (Radiology Technologist, 16 years), pharmaceuticals (Women’s Health Representative, 10 years), and a Research and Marketing role with a small Lean in Healthcare Start-Up, 1 year.

As for my education background, I have an Associate’s degree in Radiologic Technology (RT(R)(ARRT)), Mercy Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology – Oshkosh), a Bachelor’s in Business Administration (BBA, University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh) and a Master’s in Library and Information Studies (MLIS, University of Wisconsin – Madison).


In my free time, I enjoy gardening, reading, cooking, and traveling with my husband Mike and daughter Rebekah.

No comments:

Post a Comment