Thursday, January 31, 2019

98.6 is not the average human body temp

I had a good laugh when I came across this online. A recent study published in Journal of General Internal Medicine suggests that "adults' average normal body temperature could be closer to 97.7 degrees Fahrenheit", not the much touted "normal" temp of 98.6 degrees. 


  • "A temperature of 99 at six o’clock in the morning is very abnormal, whereas that same temperature at four o’clock in the afternoon can be totally normal," Dr. Haussmann told Wired. "If we have enough people wearing those gadgets we could understand fever patterns of different illnesses.
Whenever I take my temperature it is never 98.6! Now I know why. I'm happy to report that I'm much more normal than I thought.


Flickr 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment