Thursday, March 14, 2019

Welcome to new WHSLA member Nick Lim

2019 has brought a few new faces to WHSLA. In this post we'll get to know Nick Lim, librarian at the Medical College of Wisconsin Libraries in Milwaukee. 

Q. How did you get started in libraries? I was one of the recipients for Laura Bush Community College Librarianship Scholarship from IMLS (Institute of Museum and Library Services) in 2008. This scholarship enabled me to attend U of Illinois library school.  I am new to Medical Librarianship. I started at MCW in November of 2018. Previously, I worked at Harry S Truman College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago about 8 years.

Q. What are three personal items currently on your desk? Coffee mug, cell phone and Fitbit.

Q. Do you have a professional goal for 2019? What is it? I would like to begin offering Research Data Management (RDM) services at MCW Libraries.

Q. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go? Japan, I have extended family members living there whom I have not seen for years.

Q. What is your advice to people who want to get into librarianship? Have a mentor/mentors who can guide you through your professional growth.

Q. What do you do for fun outside of work? I like to watch baseball. I am a Cub fan living in Brewers’ Land.

Q. What book(s) are you currently reading? Currently, I am reading books on Data Management. This is for more work related reading.

Nick Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment