Monday, March 18, 2019

Welcome to new WHSLA member Xou Le Va Vang

2019 has brought a few new faces to WHSLA. In this post we'll get to know Xou Le Va Vang, librarian at UW-Parkside Library in Kenosha. 

Q. How did you get started in libraries? Super cliché but I grew up in libraries. It’s the first place I ever felt at home so I spent a lot of  time there. I didn’t want to become a librarian right away, but eventually took steps to obtain my MLIS degree. I applied to work at the campus library many times, and once I got hired I never left the library world. 

Q. What are three personal items currently on your desk? Cell phone, headphones, and chapstick.

Q. Do you have a professional goal for 2019? What is it? One goal is to be an advanced researcher in PubMed, and to better understand evidence-based practice research. 

Q. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go? Switzerland!

Q. What is your advice to people who want to get into librarianship? Find an undergraduate degree to enhance your MLIS and start working for libraries before you enter graduate school.

Q. What do you do for fun outside of work? Workout at the gym, a lot of domestic travelling (I love driving), drawing, hanging out at Home Depot, and refurbish old furniture.

Q. What book(s) are you currently reading? The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan



No comments:

Post a Comment