Thursday, July 18, 2019

Leeches, spleens on the move, and other medical horrors

As a library assistant, I retrieve a lot of articles for patrons.  Many of them are incredibly interesting and others have fantastic titles.  But every now and then, I come across something downright horrifying.  Something I didn't even know could go wrong with the human body, or some treatment I thought fell out of favor in the middle ages.

Are there any searches you've been asked to do or articles you've seen that made your skin crawl, or that you wish you'd done after lunch instead of before?  Share them in the comments, or email me at annie dot lipski at aurora dot org!

(Thanks to Dora Davis and Jennifer Deal for the inspiration for this post!)

Guillaume Duchenne - Scanned from 1965 version with foreword by Konrad Lorenz published by University of Chicago Press

No comments:

Post a Comment