Friday, October 23, 2020

Escapist reading: The Feather Thief

 In looking for a little escapist reading lately, I ran across a recommendation for The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century. I'll confess that I'm not usually a fan of non-fiction, but this book reads like an adventure story. A black market, obsession, and a furtive trek through the English countryside at midnight unfold all in the first couple of chapters. I even wanted to learn more about fly-tying and the differences between trout and salmon flies after reading this book. 

For those fans of This American Life, Ira Glass and his team recorded an episode in 2018 about the story. 

I highly recommend it for your to-be-read pile. 

What are your favorite non-fiction reads?



No comments:

Post a Comment