Thursday, November 12, 2020

Notes from grad school

 Hey WHSLA, 

As many of you know, I'm currently in my second year of grad school so I can be a librarian when I grow up.  Overall, it's been a good semester (only five weeks left!).  But every now and then, usually when I'm faced with a major project, I'm hit with a wave of crippling self-doubt.  You've all been through grad school.  That's normal, right?

This week I finished up a project where I had to evaluate a proposed contract for e-resources and decide if it was a fair agreement for my imaginary library.  Yikes.  The next time someone asks me why you need a master's degree to be a librarian, I'm going to ask them how much they know about contract law.  That probably could have been a class all on its own.  An extremely boring class.

What was grad school like for you?  Any great memories?  Horror stories?  Feel free to share them in the comments or email me at annie dot lipski at aah dot org and I'll add your experiences to a future blog post.


From https://imgur.com/gallery/lMNtxnO 


No comments:

Post a Comment