Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January book recommendations

Spring semester just started, but I got through a lot of great books and audio books over my winter break.  Here are a few I'd like to recommend.

Unf*ck your brain: Using science to get over anxiety, depression, anger, freak-outs, and triggers by Faith G Harper, PhD, LPC-S, ACS, ACN: I've read a lot of self-help books over the years, and this one is by far one of my favorites.  Not only does it have enough science for my analytical brain, it's also hilarious.  A word of warning (in case the title didn't clue you in), it's full of swear words.  The audio quality wasn't great on the audio book, but the content still makes it worth a listen.  Just pretend you're back in college listening to an incredibly interesting psych lecture.

On tyranny: Twenty lessons from the twentieth century by Timothy Snyder:  Feeling overwhelmed by the daily headlines?  Yeah, me too.  This book reminds us that there are still things we as individuals can do even if things seem bleak.

Real life organizing: Clean and clutter-free in 15 minutes a day by Cassandra Aarssen:  Inspiring and easy to read, this book is full of great practical tips to help you get organized.  I took some of her advice and started with my kitchen the past weekend.  Here's her Tedx Talk about the different types of organization styles she's encountered during her career as a professional organizer: 




Have you read anything good lately?  Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment