Thursday, June 7, 2018

First Time Blogger - Annie Lipski, Ziebert Medical Library Assistant


Greetings and Salutations!  My name is Annie Lipski, new WHSLA member and first-time blogger. 

Some of you may have seen my name before, providing you with articles via Docline at lightning-fast speed.  This is one of my main responsibilities as a library assistant with Aurora Health Care.  I’ve been working with this organization for the past 13 years, though I just joined the library team two years ago.  Previously, most of my time at Aurora was spent in Medical Records while working various other part-time jobs.

Of those side gigs, my favorite by far was working as a shelver in the Wauwatosa Public Library.  Suddenly, I was surrounded by people who not only shared my love of reading, but also my offbeat sense of humor. 

Speaking of odd library humor, one of my daily responsibilities is taking care of our mascot, a skeleton named Ziemore Bones.  I dress him up for holidays, but since I didn’t have that many props, I decided to hang signs around his neck each day with a new joke.  They started as just skeleton jokes.  Then I ran out of those, and branched into medical jokes.  And now it’s just whatever I can find that’s funny, appropriate for a hospital setting, and inoffensive enough that I could tell it to my Grandma.  So if you ever come across any one-liners or Dad Jokes that meet those criteria, please feel free to send them my way. 

In addition to being a full time library assistant, I’m also a full time student at UW-Milwaukee.  I’m currently finishing up my Bachelor’s in Information Science & Technology, and then it’s onward to my MLIS!

In my spare time (when I have it), I love reading (non-fiction to graphic novels and everything in between), gardening, cooking, and backyard birdwatching.





No comments:

Post a Comment