I just watched this useful webinar about combatting Covid-19 related misinformation from Every Library Institute and recommend it to my WHSLA Colleagues.
Although the live webinar sold out, you can still register to watch the recording. If you register, you'll get access to the slides, links, and other items mentioned in the talk. The session is about 35 minutes long.
If you don't have time to watch it, here are some of my notes from the session:
Did you know that there's a specific term for misinformation in the age of Covid-19?
- WHO refers to it as Coronavirus Infodemic in their situation reports.
- False Claims
- Phony Cures
- Downplaying the seriousness of Corona
- What is the source?
- What do other independent sources say?
- Check the date. Is it current?
- What's the motivation behind Coronavirus misinformation?