Friday, July 29, 2016

Have you had your Vitamin N today?

I just returned from a week long vacation to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. From a small beach along a mountain lake, to a stream with a chilly swimming hole, and narrow glacial caves to explore, I got a huge dose of Vitamin N last week. What's Vitamin N? Good old Mother Nature.

The older I get the more I appreciate nature. I can honestly say I never thought about it as a kid, we just played outside all the time. In my teens and 20's I went outside very rarely, but now find myself craving a bit of sky, the shade of a tree, or the sounds of nature. 

Nature provides so many health benefits. From lifting up your mood and encouraging physical activity, to decreasing stress, Vitamin N is something we all need. The National Wildlife Foundation has compiled some of the evidence on the health benefits of nature. Whether we're adults or children, we all need a dose of Vitamin N. If you're interested in reading more about the benefits of nature, Richard Louv, author of Last Child in the Woods, has a new book out now - Vitamin N: the essential guide to a nature-rich life

How do you get your Vitamin N?







No comments:

Post a Comment