Thursday, July 7, 2016

How sex and gender influence health and disease - or why I love infographics

I have a confession to make: I LOVE infographics. Give me a paragraph about anything and if it's too long I might not read it too carefully. Give me an infographic about the exact same thing and I will pour over it. 

Today I was looking for a royalty-free infographic on the human body. After changing my search to look for inforgraphics from .gov sites I found the perfect one for my project: How SEX and GENDER Influence Health and Disease, from NIH's Office of Research on Women's Health. 

Did you know women have a harder time quitting smoking than men? We also are more likely to injure our knees playing sports due to our "knee and hip anatomy, imbalanced leg muscle strength, and looser tendons and ligaments." 

I'm headed back to find more infographics. To see all the .gov ones my search pulled up click here. I going to be busy for a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment