Setting the record straight on medical misinformation
- All eight episodes of season two of the Merck Manuals Medical Myths Podcast are now available!
- Started in 2019, these podcasts were created to help dispel common medical myths and misconceptions.
- The Merck Manuals Medical Myths Podcast features nationally recognized physicians setting the record straight on a wide variety of topics, from what's really happening when you crack your knuckles to whether or not a stick of gum really stays in your body for seven years.
This season's topics and physicians include:
1. Rheumatology Myths featuring Brian F. Mandell, MD, PhD, Professor and Chairman of Academic Medicine, Department of Rheumatic and Immunologic Diseases, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University
2. Vertigo Myths featuring David M. Kaylie, MS, MD, Duke University Medical Center
3. Hypertension Myths featuring George L. Bakris, MD, University of Chicago School of Medicine
4. Gastrointestinal Myths featuring Jonathan I. Gotfried, MD, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
5. Vision Myths featuring Sunir J. Garg, MD, Retina Physician and Surgeon, Wills Eye Hospital
6. COVID-19 and its Effects on Kids featuring Catherine Soprano, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University; Attending Physician, Diagnostic Referral Division, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
7. Dental Myths featuring David F. Murchison, DDS, Texas A&M College of Dentistry
8. Hangovers Myths featuring Rika O’Malley, MD, Albert Einstein Medical Center