Tuesday, August 10, 2021

What are you reading?

 It's hard to believe that it's already August.  By this time next month, I'll be back to slowly chipping away at grad school a few classes at a time, and won't be reading as much for fun.  

I'm currently reading The Library Book by Susan Orlean.  This well-researched book tells the story of the catastrophic fire that devastated the Los Angeles Public Library in 1986.  At the time, it was largely overshadowed in the national news by the Chernobyl disaster.  I highly recommend this book to all you library/history nerds out there.


Photo from "The Legacy of the Central Library Fire,"  LAPL Blog post, April 2016

Have you read any good books this summer?  Let us know what they are!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading travel guidebooks this summer. North Dakota and the Great Plains are on my list for 2022.

    ReplyDelete