Friday, May 19, 2017

How Many Teenagers Die Each Day ... And Why

NPR's health/science series: Goats and Soda is one of my favorite things to see when I open my inbox each day. Today I saw a very interesting story from Maanvi Singh reporting on a recent World Health Organization (WHO) report on the causes of adolescent death: http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/05/16/528643258/how-many-teenagers-die-each-day-and-why. Seeing "maternal conditions" at the top of the list was surprising until I remembered this is a worldwide report. 




While some conditions above may be much less prevalent in the US, you'll see from the graphic below that road injury as a cause of adolescent death (lighter red color) is something that all countries have to deal with. To learn more visit the report's home page at Global accelerated action for the health of adolescents (AA-HA!): Guidance to support country implementation.




No comments:

Post a Comment