There's a lot to know, including:
- New definitions of the Counter 5 metrics:
- Total vs. Item vs. Unique Investigations
- Total vs. Item vs. Unique Requests
- What's the difference between investigations and requests?
- How and what do they count (or do NOT count)
- How do they translate to the old Counter 4 usage stats.
- Just what stats should I be tracking now?
- What reports will give me those stats?
The Counter Project Foundation Classes video series on YouTube.
- Metric Types *
- Reports *
- Metrics & Reports: Putting it all Together *
- Attributes, Elements & Other Slightly Techy Things
- Book Reports
- Database Reports
- Journal Reports
- Understanding the Use of Open Access Content
- Working with Counter 5 Reports in Microsoft Excel
- Platform Reports
- Usage in the Time of the Pandemic
Handouts and Guides:
Written by Tasha Mellins-Cohen, this guide will help librarians prepare for Release 5 of the COUNTER Code of Practice. This publication provides a wealth of information about the new Metrics, Master Reports and Standard Views. It also provides a helpful section which maps the key Release 4 reports to their Release 5 counterparts. You will also find several user scenarios, that come together in a set of COUNTER Release 5 reports.
- MM's note: This guide seems to track along with videos 1-2-3 of the Foundation classes listed above.
- Journal Stats
- Book Stats
Another 1-hour video by NASIG (from 2017)
Some useful notes:
Counter 5 Metric Types & Definitions:
What's the difference between Investigations and Requests in Counter 5?