[Royalty-free image from here.]
Enter to Win one of two $500 WHSLA Professional Development Awards
From WHSLA Professional Development Coordinator Dora Davis:
In order to support the professional development of its members, WHSLA is offering two $500 awards to eligible WHSLA members. The recipients of these awards will be chosen by a drawing. If you are interested in submitting your name for the drawing, please send me an email with your name, institution, email and phone number by May 1.
New this year, the awards can be used by a member in good standing for either continuing education, conference costs or towards AHIP membership. If the award recipient chooses to use some or all the award toward continuing education or conference costs, such as registration, travel, lodging and meals, they would be required to share the information learned with WHSLA’s membership. If the recipient elects to use some of the award toward and AHIP membership, the recipient would be required to run for an elected WHSLA office in the next two years. It would be expected that if the recipient only uses their award toward AHIP membership, they will only accept the amount needed for AHIP membership and will not accept the remainder of the $500 award.
The awards are available to members in good standing and they will be chosen at random from a drawing of interested and eligible candidates. Previous award winners are ineligible if it has been less than three years since their award. If you previously won an award but did not complete your sharing award you are also ineligible.
- Sharing can be done through a blog post on the WHSLA Blog, during a WHSLA Chat Session or by other means.
- Requirements for eligibility:
- Active WHSLA member and current on dues. (Not current? You can easily pay your dues online via PayPal!)
- Expenses must take place in 2021.
- Willingness to share your learnings with WHSLA members within 3 months after the chosen conference.
- Willingness to run for office in the next 2 years if using stiped for AHIP membership.
- Have not won the travel stipend drawing in the past three years.
WHSLA Professional Development Coordinator
Dora Davis, MLIS
Human Resources |Center for Learning and Innovation